Fried Rabbit with Gravy
1. Skin and dress one or two rabbits. Put in salt water overnight. Fry as chicken.
2. Dust rabbit with flour or shake in a bag with flour, adding pepper to flour.
3. Heat Crisco, put rabbit in when Crisco is very hot. Cover frying pan. Decrease heat. Turn rabbit until both sides are a pretty brown.
4. When rabbit is done, put in a covered dish until ready to serve.
5. Rabbit Gravy. Pour off most all of the Crisco, leaving a little and the brown crumbs. Lower the heat, sprinkle a little flour in the skillet and let brown. Add hot water and stir until smooth and thickened just. Add salt an pepper to taste.
"Barbara Cox, the Olde Ghotes, and the Ghotes Mail List Members"